Every small business starts with a dream. But, it takes more than ideas to achieve your goals. You need knowledge and resources to help your dream come to fruition.
SCORE is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed, with a network of more than 11,000 business mentors within 300 chapters nationwide. We offer free and confidential one-on-one mentoring, and in the 55 years since our inception, we have helped more than 10 million entrepreneurs start, build, expand and protect their small businesses.
In addition to mentoring, SCORE has developed a vast library of educational resources, and offers a range of workshops at little or no cost to the public. One of our signature offerings is a free five-part workshop entitled Simple Steps For Starting Your Business.
Here are the top ten things we will cover during the five-part series:
- Legal structure of your business
- Why you need a business plan
- Developing and fine-tuning the business concept
- Steps to identifying your target audience and learning how they buy
- How to know what your competitors are up to
- Pricing your product or service
- Developing your marketing plan and branding your business
- How to forecast your sales, costs, profits and assets
- Understanding and using financial statements
- How and where to start your search for capital
Our workshops are always well attended, and as we see from the feedback forms of recent participants, we’re a hit!
“presentations were well organized with good visuals” L.S. from Carolina Beach
“loved the calls to action” N.M. from Wilmington
“comprehensive introduction and not too overwhelming or assumed any prior knowledge or experience” S.B. from Leland
So come on out to the next Simple Steps and see how SCORE can help you with your business idea!